Friday, December 19, 2008

Merry Christmas #1

Since all of my roommates are leaving for their hometowns in the next few days, we decided to celebrate Christmas early.

Can you guess whether this is a photo of:
a) very large presents, or
b) an itty bitty Christmas tree?

I suppose the fact that it's sitting on the kitchen counter is probably a pretty big hint, or the fact that the Santa Claus tree-topper is almost as big as the tree itself...

Gift summaries:

Andrea, our household musician, got an oh-so-stylish music note hat and a music note espresso cup. Pier, our household chef, got an ethnic foods cookbook so he can expand his current repertoire of "all italian, all the time."

Added bonus: a photo of the guys looking goofy. :)

Marta and I went in together on Giada's gift - a three piece "tea mug" as I have chosen to call it, which is a large mug with a lid and uh, steeper? Is that even a word? Giada gave scarves to both me and Marta and somehow managed to find the perfect scarf for each of us. I suppose it must be in her blood, she has such a fine-tuned sense of fashion that she can instantly judge other people's fashion tastes as well... I gave Marta a tutu skirt because she's cool enough to pull off a tutu, and Marta gave me a copy of "O Principezinho."

There are two amazing things about this photo:

1. My little prince is now tri-lingual.
2. My new scarf also doubles as a beautiful backdrop. Brilliant. :)

Our mini-Christmas wasn't exactly traditional, but it was wonderful. I'll be sure to let you all know how things go on the 24th, but it has quite a lot to live up to!

2 comments:

jkasmama said...

Aww--I am so glad you have had a happy Italian Christmas! Enjoy your multi-lingual Little Prince!
Love,
Mamina

Anonymous said...

Feliz Navidad # 1