Wednesday, December 17, 2008

As Meninas Estão Comendo uma Maçã

My lovely roommate Marta wrote a blog (here) that explains it all in three languages, bless her polyglottal soul... but I'm not quite that impressive so I'll just explain it in one.

I'm going to visit Marta in Portugal! Bought my tickets yesterday and on January 5th, Ryan and I will be flying with the appropriately-named Ryanair to Porto, Portugal where we'll fare un giro with Marta for a few days, making our way down to Lisbon!


This is wonderful. It's also very convenient because I recently acquired (don't ask how - I'll plead the 5th) a copy of Rosetta Stone. That's right, I'm learning Portuguese, as you can see by the fancy Portuguese title of this blog: The girls are eating an apple. Why did I choose this phrase instead of something more relevant to the situation? For two important reasons:

1. It gets stuck in Marta's head when she overhears me repeating it 200 times a day.
2. It's the longest sentence I know in Portuguese.
(and one of the very few complete sentences...)

So, I'm off to visit my beautiful roomie and who knows, maybe I'll get the chance to practice my new language... let's just hope that there are lots of girls eating an apple in Portugal!

3 comments:

Ryan said...

don´t you worry, if we have to, we´ll eat apples there. you´ll just have to learn how to say the boy and girl are eating an apple, as i dont want to be mis-identified.

anche noi possiamo parlare in italiano, amore mia!

jkasmama said...

Oh how I love you, and how I love to see your beautiful face (even when you are making one of your famous funny faces!) Enjoy Portugal--enough for both of us!
Love,
Mom

jkasmama said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.