Monday, March 9, 2009

Staying in Bologna...

So... when I said "I'm going to Stockholm" and "Woo!! Sweden, here I come!!"

Yeah that might not have been entirely accurate. Last night as I was finishing my blog, Marta got home from a party and said "so on a scale of 1-6, how much do you want to go to Stockholm in 4 hours?" and after some thought, I answered "2."

She didn't want to go either, so we called l'altra Marta and asked how much she wanted to go. L'altra Marta said she wanted to go, so my Marta and I decided that we would go too, and have a wonderful time.

I got about 2 hours of sleep and, in what was very possibly the most difficult feat of my life, got up at 4:00 AM to take a shower. After my shower, my Marta came to my room with the telephone and said "L'altra Marta is one the phone - she doesn't want to go."

So, long story short, we didn't go. The weather is perfect, warm and sunny in Bologna and below freezing and cloudy in Stockholm. I still have no ATM card which means I'd have to borrow money from one of the Martas. I am still recovering from a plague/fever/flu which I had last weekend. Yes, my first celsius fever knocked me out for 3 days - I was at 38,5 gradi which really doesn't seem high enough to do any harm... silly celsius.

Anyway, forget Stockholm.

I'm going to the park!

2 comments:

Marta said...

ahahah! pensiamo in un luogo caldo e con sole per andare ensieme!

MeliD said...

LOVE! I am finally caught up on all of your blogs.. What a terrible friend I am. Anyway. I love you. and that is all.